Certainly, not all ideas are great. But, many are. And too often they get buried before they have a chance to fly. Have you heard any of these lame excuses lately when you presented a new or innovative idea? Or worse, have you been guilty of using any of these lines?
1. We’ve never done it that way before.
2. It will never work.
3. Things are fine the way they are.
4. Why change if we don’t really need to?
5. We’re not ready for this?
6. That’s not our responsibility.
7. I can’t get the funding.
8. We can’t afford the time.
9. I can’t really think about one more thing right now.
10. We need more data.
In your experience as a leader, why do people fear new ideas?