Learning continuously is important for effective leadership in any arena–church, business, non-profits, family, etc. My wife [her blog on learning and leadership] and I have the privilege the past two days to attend the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit live stream from Orlando. Here are some of Day Two highlights. #GLS14
Joseph Grenny @josephgrenny Co-Founder, VitalSmarts, Social Scientist for Business Performance
- @CTmagazine: There are only two ways to handle crucial conversations… If you don’t talk it out, you will act it out.
- Crucial conversations are either a pit or a path to achieving your super awesome goals.
Wilfred de Jesus @PastorChoco Senior pastor, New Life covenant Church; TIME’s 100 Most Influential People 2013
@wcagls “If you’re not going to do anything about the answer, then don’t ask.”
Tyler Perry @tylerperry Filmmaker, Actor and Philanthropist
Louie Giglio @louiegiglio Pastor, Passion City Church, Founder of the Passion Movement
- You don’t have to know every step up the mountain in order to begin the climb.
- Life is short; we must feel urgency about the great things God has for us. The stakes are too high to die with a small vision.
- What is it that God wants us to conquer? How do you want your life to count?
- Life is short; God is big; Take the next step.
What has been one of your takeaways from the Summit? What is your next step?
Other posts you might enjoy:
- The Global Leadership Summit Highlights-Day One
- 9 Best Take-Aways from The Nines
- The Back 9 (more Take-Aways from the Nines)