Loving deeply requires unhurried living! This is another awesome post by Terry Morgan from her blog. It fits so well in my leadership themes. Love is not mushy sentimentality; rather it is missionally strategic! More to come on this topic…
We are in the “love month” – a perfect opportunity to talk about how love and unhurried living intersect. What does love have to do with unhurried living? E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.
Love has everything to do with unhurried living.
Our ability to love others well requires unhurried living. We demonstrate love through thoughtful intentionality, quality time, patience, focused attention, engaged listening, perseverance, and undistracted presence… all of which require a lack of hurry.
I do not love well when I hurry.
Some of the things I try to do to unhurry my time with others:
- remember people are valuable
- put my phone facedown and lock eyes with the person
- ignore the to-do list in my head
- breathe deeply and be present
- remember all those times when someone took time to listen to me
- stop multi-tasking or invite the person (child) to help
- relax and enjoy the time together
- If I am truly unavailable…
View original post 96 more words